Friday, August 27, 2010

On the mend!

Well, it's been three weeks since my carpal tunnel surgery and I'm doing a little bit better every day. One thing I have had to learn in the last 3 weeks is patience! It seems like it's been months rather than weeks since I had surgery. I do a lot with my hands, so not being able to use them has been very frustrating for me. In my opinion this has been worse than being on bedrest during my pregnancies. At least I could crochet or sew or scrapbook to keep myself from going crazy! As I slowly regain use of my hands I feel like I'm regaining my independance, as well. I've had to depend on others to help me in nearly everything I do. My family has been awesome during my recovery! I'm so happy to be on the mend and have this whole carpal tunnel issue behind me!
This is me after I woke up from my surgery.

2 thumbs up! I'm still on good drugs and happy as a clam! The pain will come later.
Sad, bruised hands. They used the laser on my hands leaving only a small 2 inch scar on my wrist. Inside they made a 6 inch cut, so there is a lot more healing going on then I can see for myself.

My happy little helper! I needed helping doing nearly everything for the first few days.

My 8 year old make up artist!

My little tv buddy! I think we were watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" which he thinks is hilarious!

Silly girl! Also, notice all my pretty pictures and love notes that my kids made and hung on my closet doors! I feel so loved!
With lots of hugs, pain pills, ice and help from this guy I'm feeling so much better! We celebrated our 11 year anniversary on the 14th. And by celebrate I mean we went to my family reunion, I got worn out, came home, took my pills and passed out for the night while he entertained my family! What a guy! I think I owe him a date or a cookie or something!

No comments: