Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 We will not forget!

Photobucket Image Hosting
You will never forget where you were when you heard the news of September 11, 2001. Neither will I.
I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man when he called his wife to say "good bye". I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the strength to say, "Honey, I'm not going to make it, but it's ok......I am ready to go." I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand the words and realized that he wasn't coming home that night,
I was at the base of a building with a priest ministering to injured and devastated souls. I took hiim home to tend to his flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and he answered.
I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to youwhen you heard the terrible news. Did you sense me?
I want you to know that I saw every face. Some met me for the first time on the 100th floor. Some sought me for the first time on the 100th floor. SomeSome chose for the final time to ignore me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the tower that day - you may not know why but I do. However, if you were there in the tower would you have reached for me? Seek me now while I may be found. Then at any moment when you know that "you are ready to go" I will be there to find you in the stairwell of final moments.
Love, God

2 comments:

nate_clarlaw said...

Hee Hee Hee! Great minds really do think alike!! (And yes, I mean ours!) By the way, that picture of you below is really hot... a really great person must have taken it:)

Chambers Clan said...

That was nice~!I can't believe it was so long ago now. I still remember waking up to the radio and hearing and telling Dave (half asleep) about it. It felt like a nightmare the whole day! I'll never forget! I did think it would be crazy if I had Tina on the anniversary of that event, but she came on the 27th.